Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Boston!

Hi Everyone,
I am sitting at our kitchen table writing to you from Massachusetts! Last Wednesday, one week ago, we stuffed the U-Haul absolutely full (doubts about whether we'd get all our stuff into the 27 foot truck). Thanks to my brothers and my parents, we wedged everything into the truck and quickly slammed the door shut! We drove all day Thursday and most of the day Friday through Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York and finally Massachusetts. Our good friends, Audra and JP Charlebois, made the trip with us, and we all alternated driving the truck which was pulling my car and Chris' car. We paid about $200 in tolls for the U-haul and Chris' cute, little, red Saturn and also paid several hundred dollars in gas. But we're here!

Chris and I signed a one year lease in Belmont, which is about five miles from downtown Boston. We are the proud (???) renters of the first floor of a renovated house complete with hardwood floors and a brand new kitchen. I'll attach some pictures just as soon as we get all the boxes stuffed into the cellar. Even though we're only five miles from downtown, it will take at least 40 minutes via bus and subway to arrive downtown.

Boston has a lot to offer, including history, authentic food, sailboat-dotted ocean, hilly streets with leafy maple trees and a teeny backyard for the puppy. Our street has several dogs (collies, poodles, mutts, etc.) who Greta is straining at the leash to meet.

Chris is currently interviewing for financial and business positions in the area. I should have an update for you next week. I started my new position as a Clinical Research Associate (CRA) today. My job is in Marlborough, 30 miles from Belmont and a 45 minutes commute each way. I will be looking for as many shortcuts as possible; however, I got lost on the way home today and was in the car for over an hour.

Thanks to everyone who is praying for us. We miss everyone terribly.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Katrina said...

I miss you, too! Which is why I want to visit!!! :-)

9:08 PM  
Blogger The Charlebois said...

You know, for a writer you sure don't update this very often. :)

~a

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home