Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Friday, April 06, 2007

Resurrection Weekend

Two days ago, I parked the car in front of the house, thankful to be home from work. As I walked up the porch steps, I noticed purple tulips popping up in front of the shrubbery. Chris and I are renting the first floor of this house, and I know the upstairs neighbors did not plant the bulbs. I think back to the first flowers Chris ever gave me, almost five years ago: purple tulips, and now here they are again. They are a neat connection to each other and to whoever planted them - a small reminder of beginnings and endings as Chris and I prepare to leave this house within the next couple months. The flowers are also a symbol of new life, even more poignant on the weekend commemorating the death and resurrection of Christ. So, Happy Easter to our family and friends. We miss you.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Charlebois said...

That's beautiful. :)

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home