Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Monday, August 20, 2007

Today, Tomorrow and Four More Years

After paying hundreds of dollars for books and signing up for a yawning chasm of a tuition plan, Chris starts law school tonight. He's actually downtown Boston right now for his week of orientation and will officially start classes next week. I strolled with Greta on a long walk tonight in the cool air, listening to my ipod and wondering where we'll be in four years when Chris grabs his diploma. I don't know if I'll still be working in the medical device field or if I'll be teaching college English somewhere. I don't know if Chris will complete law school here in Boston or if he'll transfer back to the Midwest. I guess Greta is our constant - and each other.

In other news, new tenants moved into the second floor of the house: Tania and Lara. Tania is an accountant at an insurance company downtown, and Lara is her thirteen year-old, shockingly red-headed daughter who plays league basketball. Good deal, huh? I've already heard Lara tell Greta that she loves her, and she's taken Greta on two walks already. Their friendliness feels starkly different than the previous tenants who often woke us up in the middle of the night screaming at each other.

God provides.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Charlebois said...

very cool about the new neighbors!

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Amanda said...

That's so great that you got nice new housemates. And I'm sure Tiana loves the fact that her daughter has such a sweet dog to play with minus all the trouble of having to care for a dog. A very nice arrangement for the both of you. A happy home is such a blessing!

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home