Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ice Storm

Friday morning, Chris and I woke to torrential downpour at our house. I work in Marlborough, about thirty miles west of where we live, and as I drove to work through the backroads, water was already flooding the streets and pouring over the blasted rock cliffs in small waterfalls. Far ahead in the distance, I could see that the treetops seemed frosted. By the time I reached Marlborough, I had fully arrived in the ice storm. It looked like a disaster zone. Tree branches and limbs scattered the streets and rested on roofs. Bulldozers were slowly clearing the debris, but all the stoplights remained black. At my work, a security guard stopped every car entering the campus because the power was out at work, so I ended up turning around and working from home. Here are a couple pictures I snapped from my car:

1 Comments:

Blogger Katrina Custer said...

Wow! If it weren't so dangerous, it would be so pretty.

I leave MN the 21st. Any chance we can get together on the 20th or that you'll attend Grace on the 21st?

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home