Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Thursday, January 08, 2009

DVD Obsession

Chris and I do not have satellite or cable television. It's good, old network television for us. Even with that, we rarely watch anything other than the news, SNL and occasionally CSI. The trend since we moved to Boston has been to rent or borrow television seasons on DVD and obsessively push through them. In the last few years we've watched quite a few series, among others:
- Alias (all five season)
- 24 (just two seasons)
- The Office
- Six Feet Under (just the first season)
- Dexter
- The Closer

and, best for last, LOST. Chris and I, pathetically enough, spent most of January 1 and 2 watching all of Season 4. We don't watch LOST episodes during the year due to school schedules and to savor knowing there will come a point in the year where we can totally binge on a whole season. But having watched Season 4, we are in need of a new series to discover. We tried Mad Men, Nip/Tuck and Deadwood but didn't like them for various reasons. Any suggestions from any of you cable television watchers?

5 Comments:

Blogger The Charlebois said...

I remember staying up until 3 am watching LOST with JP. :) It starts back up the 21st!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Bonny said...

You and Chris got us addicted to Lost, too. I am always so sad when it's time to wait another year for the next season to be done. Sean and I wanted to start Heroes, because I heard that was a good one but have never seen an episode.

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

History channel and Discovery series if you can find them. "Mythbusters" is one of our favorites on Discovery channel. Also Travel channel; it may give you ideas on seeing the dozen or so countries on Earth that you have not visited yet. Do you get high speed internet? You can get previously run TV shows that way too, but you may have to buy software to run them.

HoosierDaddy

3:52 PM  
Blogger Katrina Custer said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one who binge-watches TV shows. That's been my life since arriving in Ecuador since it's unsafe to be out at night. So far, I've watched all of House (good but all 4 seasons in a row was too much), all of Heroes (REALLY got sucked into that one), Firefly, some SportsNight (my favorite!!!), and just started Prison Break (only 2 episodes so far). I'd recommend any of them.
Oh, and I love that you love Lost!! Kristin Luehr is taping it and The Office for me and sending me occasional care packages. :-)

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Allison Taffe said...

Rob and I watched the Rome series- Really good! They only have two seasons though I think.
Otherwise Sopranos is always a good one.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home