Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

End of the Beginning

It is official. The certificates are safely in our possession. Chris and I are both fully discharged from the military. I received my discharge papers last spring, and Chris received his just last week (I enlisted a year before Chris). It's amazing to both of us that while the vast majority of our friends deployed either within the U.S. or to Iraq, Afghanistan or Kuwait, neither of us received similar orders. Although many weekends and annual trainings, I had to drag myself to drill, I can't regret my decision to join the military - I learned to shoot weapons, crewed helicopters, got my first taste of distance running, gave lots of I.V.'s and shots, learned the importance of mental strength and met many wonderful people, not the least of whom, Chris.

I can't find several of my favorite pictures from our time in the military, but here are a few through the years:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Pooja said...

You both rock, totally!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Katrina Custer said...

Congratulations! And thanks!

1:16 AM  
Blogger rarejule said...

Congrats to both of you!!

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home