Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summer & Friends

Summer has been busy for me, not so much work, but I'm taking two accelerated summer classes for my MBA that end mid-July. I am very excited to finish. Summer is always kind to Chris in the absence of classes, but he's also really enjoying his internship at the District Attorney's office. He's already doing pleas and motions by himself, but by the end of the summer, he'll also be doing bench trials.

Last week, our friends, Mark and Shannon, flew in from Boston. They took the traditional tour of historic Boston one day, but we also drove to New Hampshire on Friday for lunch and then spent a couple hours on a beach north of Hampton. I brought back a handful of rocks from the beach. Chris used to laugh at me for collecting rocks from the shoreline, but now he helps me look for interesting stones. My big bookcase is overrun with rocks, but I can't help myself. We made a seafood meal of scallops and lobsters Friday night and left Saturday morning for New York City. I don't think Chris and I have visited NYC in the middle of summer since we moved to Boston. The city was overwhelmed with tourists who were constantly jaywalking and swarming the sidewalks in hot, sweaty clusters. We spent most of the day in the car driving but walked around for a bit through Little Italy and Canal Street. I took almost no pictures this trip, unfortunately, but here's one at our house and one of Times Square in the evening.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bonny said...

I love Greta's chair by the window.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Katrina Custer said...

I love that you can just pick up and go to NYC. Glad you're having fun this summer!

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home