Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Sunday, June 12, 2011

New Life on York Ave South

*Disclaimer: The format of this blog is driving me CRAZY! I cannot figure out how to fix the spacing in this post. I have spent far too long trying to figure it out to no avail. If any of my blogger friends can help, please let me know. I've even tried messing with the html.*


Chris and I are entirely moved into our new house in Minneapolis. We have plenty to do still, but at least most of our stuff is in the appropriate rooms. The house is on a charming street in southwest Minneapolis, was built in 1925 but has undergone some renovations/updates through the years. The exterior stucco and interior woodwork are original, I believe. We will eventually buy a few new pieces of furniture, but here are pictures so far:


Beautiful maple tree in the front yard Fenced backyard with a locust tree and basketball hoop over the garage Dining Room: Check back in a couple months to see the new table Chris and his dad are going to construct Living Room Kitchen Main Floor Guest Bedroom

Study (not really put together yet)



Main Floor Bathroom Basement - laundry room, storage and bathroom not picturedMaster Bedroom - our box springs wouldn't fit up the stairs without seriously gouging the walls so instead Chris cut and laid planks on the bed frame. It will do for now.



Upstairs Bedroom (formerly a nursery and unfurnished now)



Master Bathroom (addition by previous owners - we finally have bathroom storage space)


Porch - I love sitting here in the evenings while the breeze sifts through the screensFront Gate (Greta can just squeeze her head through)





Our block dead-ends on Minnehaha Creek which has a blocked-off boat ramp


That's it for now. I'm not sure what we'll do in the open area in the basement, and our living room tables feel too bulky for the space. But we're grateful for this wonderful house.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Pooja said...

God Bless you both (and your many babies :)) in this gorgeous home.
Love,
Pooja-Gaurav

1:17 PM  
Blogger The Charlebois said...

It looks awesome! You've done a lot!

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Heidi Shearer said...

Sweet little abode! It looks like home already!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Katrina Custer said...

GORGEOUS! I want to stay in that guest bedroom someday. :-)

11:59 AM  
Blogger Bonny said...

I love all your pictures! I can't wait to come and stay in your guest room! :)

I had the format thing happen to me once on a post as well. I couldn't fix it either. I just ended up deleting that post and re-doing the whole thing (it wasn't that long). I think it just gets quirky sometimes.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home