Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Monday, July 25, 2011

The Happenings

We've had lots of stuff going on lately. Today (Tuesday) is Chris' first big day of the Bar Exam. Since finishing his Barbri prep. course, Chris has been locking himself away every day studying. The exam takes two days: today is essays, and tomorrow is multiple choice. Results are not available until October, but it will be a relief for Chris to have the exams behind him. He says it feels like he hasn't been doing anything all day - just studying and then a run to de-stress.

We did finish a bit of landscaping in the backyard. We put in brick borders around the existing plants by the garage and gates and filled the beds with bark chips. We also put in a stepping stone walkway, planted a few annuals in the beds and replaced the stringy peonies in the front planter boxes from the previous owners. Chris also built a work table for the garage, and we painted it white. It's so pretty that I don't want to put it in the garage. For the last update, while we were running back from Lake Harriet on Sunday, we ran past a free bird bath by the side of a huge house - Chris drove back and picked up after we got home. It looks a bit like Toad from the Frog and Toad children's stories.













On the work front, I took a trip to Sydney last week - it was very quick. By the time I adjusted to the fifteen hour time difference in Sydney, I had to fly home. Now I'm lying awake at night trying to adjust back. I didn't do much sightseeing. The weather was horrible, almost non-stop downpour, and I was working at a hospital outside the city most of the time, anyway. The sun briefly broke through the clouds on Wednesday, and I had time to take a quick walk through the Botanical Gardens and past the Opera House. I finally met one of the research nurses I've been working with for the past two years - she's about my age and has a similar temperament, which made the two days at the hospital feel less like work. When the plane touched down in Minneapolis on the return trip, I half expected to walk out into the Boston Logan airport, but the the nearly half hour I waited for Delta to unload my luggage gave me time to re-set myself.


View from my hotel room

Walking through the Botanical Gardens
View from the Opera House into the Harbor

Opera House

Looking back towards the city

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home