Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Monday, July 02, 2012

Nursery

The nursery is almost complete. Chris put together the crib and changing table a couple weeks ago, and I've slowly been finding places for the gifts we've received and the rest of the items we purchased. The house's previous owners painted the nursery blue for their little boy, and I didn't care to re-paint the walls. Instead, I decided to use orange accents to brighten it up. I purchased orange and white folka dot fabric, which Chris' mom, Rhonda, transformed into beautiful curtains. Then she and Allison picked up some complementary fabric for a bumper and crib skirt, which Rhonda made into designer-style bedding. The room feels simultaneously bright and restful. I still need to buy a rug and wall hangings/picture frames. Allison is making a name sequence out of letters and printed paper, which I will post after it's done. I'm grateful that this little room is right next to our bedroom.

The teacup in the shelving behind the crib is from the baby shower.



2 Comments:

Blogger Bonny said...

How cute! I love it! And how wonderful to have such a creative mother-in-law!

10:58 AM  
Blogger The Charlebois said...

I love it! Rhonda should seriously open a business with her bags and many other skills. This bedding would fly off of the shelves...but instead, you get to have it as a one and only 100% unique set.
The room is perfect. Just add baby girl. :)

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home