Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

My Grandfather's Funeral

My Grandfather McRoberts passed away last week at the age of 97, and his funeral was held in Herman, MN, yesterday.  I have very fond memories of my grandfather: playing games of cribbage and 31 at the kitchen table, driving around small-town Herman in his big Lincoln or Crown Victoria or listening to his stories of fighting in the Philippines during World War II. He was a wonderful, caring man.

Here's a link to his obituary: http://www.pedersenfh.com/obituary/Walter-McRoberts/Herman-MN/1346330

A few pictures: my grandfather and me in 2010 when he stopped by Boston during a cruise, celebrating his 95th birthday party and meeting baby Fiona.




We didn't get many pictures at the funeral. Here's one of my father and his siblings, and the group shot is after Jamie, Varsana, Malia and my cousin Matt already left.


It was nice to catch up with my aunts and uncle and cousins, although two of my cousins were unable to attend the funeral. Fiona behaved beautifully and slept the entire 2.5 hour drive home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home