Name:
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Eloise - 2 Months

Now at 2 months, Eloise becomes increasingly more interactive each day. She is exiting the fragile newborn phase, and I love to cuddle her close to me. She started smiling just shy of 7 weeks and now smiles frequently and coos. At her doctor's visit, she weighed 12 lbs, 9 oz and measured 23 inches, 75-80th percentile for height and weight (quite a bit bigger than Fiona at 2 months). She and I are starting to hit a rhythm just in time for me to go back to work in 3 weeks. Eloise wakes up about 6:30-7:00am at which point I feed her, and then she will go back to sleep for about an hour while I get Fiona ready. She will sleep again for a while after I drop Fiona at daycare, so I try to take advantage of the time and go to the gym (YMCA has childcare) or grocery shop. Throughout the day, we hang out, while I try to get as much done as I can while still giving Eloise enough attention. The evenings can be tough if Eloise is fussy, although I'm learning to read her cues better. She generally falls asleep for the night around 9:30-10:30pm and will sleep 5-6 hours before waking up to eat and then falling back asleep. I am looking forward to the days when Fiona and Eloise both go sleep early enough that Chris and I can relax together for a while in the evenings.

Eloise had an intense bout of baby acne at about 7 weeks, but it cleared up after a week. She's retained most of her dark hair which is already curling, but, unfortunately, has cradle cap, just like her sister did. She can hold her head up well and is starting to push against me with her legs. She still naps and sleeps in her tilted rock n' play. I will be starting to transition her to sleeping in the nursery soon and then to the crib. For some reason, I'm a little nostalgic about moving her to the nursery and want to keep her by me for a while longer. I dread going back to work and losing my snuggly girl for the day. She's currently wearing 0-3 month clothes and some 3 month clothes.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home